Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Be Mine


DSC_0007, originally uploaded by danselan.
This card started with the kraft curly label down in the left corner. The button, bow and heart came next, and then it sat on my desk for the next week and a half.

It was cute as a little embellishment but I wasn't sure what to do with it - it wasn't quite right. I know I wanted a sentiment, but none seemed to be the right size.

And then inspiration hit in the middle of the night - it needed a border. And so the faux stitching was added and "be mine" became the perfect hit. I have always like how Heather Nichols adds the sponged white ink on her cards, so I gave that a try as well.

Hopefully you like the result - it's sort-of a new technique for me.

Card Details:
Paper: SU Kraft, SU Shimmery White, PTI Raspberry Fizz
Ink: SU Chocolate Chip, SU White, and SU Pink Passion
Stamps: SU So Many Sayings, PTI Polka Dot Basics II
Misc: PTI white Vintage Button, PTI white Button Twine, SU pink organza ribbon, CPE felt heart, Labels One Nestabilities

No comments: