Friday, December 12, 2008

Birthday Thank Yous















I made these cards as birthday thank you notes for a co-worker of mine. He had thrown a surprise party for his wife, and knew that she would want to send out thank you's to the guests - how cool is that!


I stamped the present image in the same color ink as the main card, and then colored them with the coordinating color to bring out the presents. Even though I like how all of these turned out, I particularly like the Ruby Red version here, because it's a color combo I haven't tried before. Plus I really liked how the coloring turned out. I used a blender pen with the Groovy Guava Ink from Stampin' Up for a fun water-coloring effect.



Here is the sentiment inside the card, using the "thank you" from the Short and Sweet set from SU. Once I change the sentiment, it would be great for a regular birthday card as well!





Supplies:
Stamps: Something to Celebrate (SU, retired 2006), Short and Sweet (Inside sentiment)
Paper: SU Ruby Red, Groovy Guava, Elegant Eggplant, Pale Plum, Ballet Blue, Certainly Celery, and assorted DP from Michaels.
Ink: SU Ruby Red, Elegant Eggplant, Ballet Blue classic ink, and SU markers in Pale Plum and Green Galore
Other: Ticket punch from SU, blender pen
Card # 13,
Card # 14, Card # 15

No comments: